General Job Statement:
Under occasional supervision, performs administrative, clerical functions to ensure and maintain accurate reporting and documentation for activity of the Columbia College Online Programs. Maintains adequate communication and provides assistance to all Department employees, students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Reports directly to the Director of the Online Programs. Assists in all coordination for the Online Program duties assigned by the Director or his designee and all other duties as required and appropriate.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all necessary, required and appropriate administrative and clerical duties including but not limited to:
- Work in close communication with recruiters and the enrollment services team to ensure timely conversions from inquiry to student.
- Follow standard procedures to enter inquiries and applicants into the student information system and other databases as needed.
- Process incoming electronic or mailed transcripts and enter them into required databases within 24 business hours.
- Send completed applications to the registrar to coordinate immediate transcript review.
- Prepare outgoing acceptance packets daily.
- Process incoming enrollment confirmation forms daily.
- Maintain accurate records of active inquiries and applicants.
- Maintain all documents and information required to keep records up-to-date.
- Answer inbound phone calls and provide basic information to prospective students. Take messages or transfer calls to off-site enrollment representatives or appropriate college personnel.
- Provide outstanding customer service to prospective students and applicants over the phone and in person.
- Inform prospective applicants about program features and benefits and send them an application link and other necessary documents for admission if an enrollment representative is unavailable.
- Represent Columbia College with the utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Work with team members and report on tracking progress towards application, acceptance and enrollment goals, and identifying underlying issues and required actions
- Oversee and manage the undergraduate and graduate applicant review process for admission
- Supervise and manage student workers
- Problem solve daily questions presented by inquiries, applicants, students and Savant.
- Make sound judgement calls in regards to transcripts and Columbia College procedures
- Utilize enrollment software technology to meet enrollment goals
- Assist the directors in building and maintaining collegial and productive working relationships with all offices and personnel on campus
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Other duties as assigned in support of program development.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Requires a high school diploma plus completion of required training and education as may be required and appropriate or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and experience. Requires use of computer programs including but not limited to Jenzabar, Canvas, Word, Access and Power Point.
Minimum Qualifications or Standards Required to Perform Essential Job Duties/Functions:
Interpersonal Communication: Requires the ability of speaking and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information. Includes receiving direction from supervisor.
Knowledge: Requires the ability to apply rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral
diagrammatic or schedule form. Requires the ability to learn and understand relatively complex principles and techniques; to make independent judgments in absence of supervision; to acquire knowledge of topics related to primary occupation. Must have the ability to comprehend and interpret received information and to understand and implement basic office and police-issued machinery functions.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with persons of varying educational and cultural backgrounds and in variety of technical and/or professional languages including law enforcement, fire, emergency medical, etc.
Numerical Aptitude: Requires the ability to add and subtract totals, to multiply and divide, to determine percentages and decimals and to detennine time. Must be able to use practical applications of fractions, percentages, ratio, and proportion.
Manual Dexterity: Requires the ability to handle a variety of items, keyboards, office equipment, control knobs, buttons, switches, catches, etc. Must have significant levels of hand/eye/foot coordination.
Quality of Work: Maintains high standards of accuracy in exercising duties and responsibilities. Exercises immediate remedial action to correct any quality deficiencies that occur in areas of responsibility. Maintains high quality communication and
interaction with all college departments and divisions, co-workers and the public.
Quantity of Work: Performs described "Specific Duties and Responsibilities" and related assignments efficiently and effectively in order to produce quantity of work which consistently meets standards and expectations of Columbia College.