Do you want to meet about internships? Fill out the online form below to request an appointment.
Whether you are applying to graduate school or for a job, there is no substitute for real work experience on your resume. While students often research and coordinate their own intership opportunities,The Center for Applied Learning in the Institute for Leadership and Professional Excellence and your academic advisor can help point you in the right direction for an amazing variety of internship opportunities ranging from local government agencies and private businesses to national entities based in Washington, D.C. Columbia College students are frequently placed in some of the most sought-after interships available.
- Valuable training for new skills
- Opportunities to evaluate a particular job or industry
- Establishment of a network of professionals in your field of interest
- Opportunity to receive academic credit and/or pay
- Potential full-time job offer
Columbia College students have access to C2Success, an online jobs and internships database where they can search through all of the internships offered to CC students. Last year alone, we posted over 100 unique internship opportunities in a wide array of career fields and programs of study. Additionally, as students work individually with the Institute for Leadership and Professional Excellence through either the Center for Applied Learning or in conjunction with their career coaches in the Center for Career Coaching and Professional Development, students are often personally matched with internships that align with and prepare them for their career goals.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Columbia City Mayor’s Fellows
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Epworth Early Intervention Center
- Girl Scouts of the Midlands
- Palmetto Autism Interventions
- Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands
- South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- South Carolina Hospital Association
- South Carolina State Employees Association
- Springleaf Financial
- Staples, Inc.
- Tapps Art Center
- The Babcock Center
- The Cooperative Ministry
- The Taylor Agency
- W.S. Reamer, CPA