Momentum is Columbia College’s scholarship for academically-minded high school students who have big ideas about their futures and who are ready to work hard to realize their fullest potential.
Uniquely designed for students whose personal determination may outshine their standardized test scores, Momentum is intended to reward current ambition and honest commitment to making a difference in the world.
Momentum Scholarship candidates for the 2014 incoming class must be nominated by November 15, 2013 and must complete the Momentum Scholarship application by November 30, 2013. Scholarship candidates must successfully apply and be admitted to Columbia College to qualify for scholarship consideration.
Momentum Scholarship recipients will enjoy:
- Scholarship funds from $14,000 up to full tuition
- Special leadership opportunities, both academic and co-curricular
- A personal leadership success coach who is a leader in the Columbia community
- The option to live with other Momentum Scholars on the Academic Achievement floor of McNair Hall
- Special summer paid internship opportunities
Candidates must demonstrate:
- High school or community involvement
- Courage and motivation
- Commitment to learning and being actively engaged on campus
- The potential for leadership
Candidates may be nominated by any of the following:
- High school principals, guidance counselors, or teachers
- Church and community leaders
- Columbia College alums
- Any individual or group having a close relationship with the candidate, including family members
All Momentum Scholarship applications are screened by faculty readers to create a list of finalists who will participate in regional interviews. Final selections are made by the Momentum Scholarship Committee. Momentum Scholarship recipients will be invited to a special recognition event on campus.