Columbia College offers classes in various curricula to qualified female high school students. This opportunity permits students to earn college credit and to become acclimated to the college environment.
Enrollment in the program would appeal particularly to a college-bound student who has completed the majority of her high school requirements. The classes offered will be those regularly scheduled for college credit.
Basic requirements for admission to the joint-enrollment program are:
- Enrollment in the college preparatory program in high school.
- Rank in the top 25 percent of her class.
- A total score of at least 1000 on the SAT or PSAT.
- Classification as a high school senior during enrollment at Columbia College.
- Written approval and authorization from the high school.