Every year ambitious, serious, talented women transfer to Columbia College. And for good reason. They come to join a community that will last a lifetime. They come for the small 12:1 student to faculty ratio. They come for the caring professors who will become their mentors. And they come to take on leadership positions. Once here, they find the Columbia College environment makes for a more rewarding and engaging experience. And so will you.
An applicant who wishes to transfer to Columbia College should submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed application for admission. You may submit an online Columbia College application or the Common Application. Use the online Columbia College Application, and we will waive the $25 application fee.
- Official Final High School Transcript
- SAT scores or ACT scores (if taken in high school)
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
- A statement of good standing from all colleges previously attended.
TRANSFERRING CREDIT HOURS
Columbia College reserves the right to determine which transfer courses meet the requirements and standards of the College.
CREDIT REQUIREMENTS AT COLUMBIA COLLEGE
- Degree applicants must complete a minmum of 33 semester hour of approved work at Columbia College.
- A student must take at least 12 semester hours in her major at Columbia College. These 12 hours cannot include pass/fail course work. At least one-half of the hours in a minor must be taken at Columbia College.
Columbia College has direct transfer agreements with several two-year colleges. Contact the Office of Admissions or your career placement office for more information.
The maximum number of credits accepted from a two-year college is 72 semester hours including a maximum of four semester hours in physical education activity courses.