Every year ambitious, serious, talented women transfer to Columbia College. And for good reason. They come to join a community that will last a lifetime. They come for the small 12:1 student to faculty ratio. They come for the caring professors who will become their mentors. And they come to take on leadership positions. Once here, they find the Columbia College environment makes for a more rewarding and engaging experience. And so will you.
Video: Transfer students share their experience
An applicant who wishes to transfer to Columbia College should submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed application for admission. You may submit an electronic online application or request a traditional print application from the Office of Admissions.
- SAT scores, ACT scores or placement tests (English and Mathematics, administered by Columbia College.
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
- A statement of good standing from all colleges previously attended.
- Application Processing Fee. The application processing fee is $25 and is nonrefundable. You may pay by check or money order made payable to Columbia College. Note: If you submit an online application, Columbia College will waive the application processing fee.
If you use the online application
, we suggest you send an email message to the Office of Admissions at
once you have submitted your application. Please include a telephone number or email address so a member of the Admissions staff may contact you if necessary.
To request a traditional application for admission, mail your request to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1301 Columbia College Drive
Columbia, South Carolina 29203
Or, phone, fax or email your request to:
Fax: : 803.786.3674
Transferring Credit Hours
A student admitted to Columbia College by transfer will receive credit for courses in which grades of "C" or higher were earned and which can be applied to a Columbia College degree.
Columbia College reserves the right to determine which transfer courses meet the requirements and standards of the College.
A campus visit is recommended for all students considering a transfer to Columbia College. Students who do not meet Admissions criteria for enrollment may be considered for the Program for Conditionally Enrolled Students (Process).
Credit Requirements at Columbia College
- Degree applicants must complete a minmum of 33 semester hour of approved work at Columbia College.
- A student must take at least 12 semester hours in her major at Columbia College. These 12 hours cannot include pass/fail course work.
- At least one-half of the hours in a minor must be taken at Columbia College.
Transfer Recommendation Form
After you have completed Section I, give this form to your college professor, college official, or employer completing this form. This person must not be related to you. The information provided will be considered confidential and will become the property of Columbia College.
Columbia College has direct transfer agreements with several two-year colleges. Contact the Office of Admissions or your career placement office for more information.
The maximum number of credits accepted from a two-year college is 72 semester hours including a maximum of four semester hours in physical education activity courses.