First Year Admissions Application Deadlines
Priority Deadline: February 15
Scholars Program Consideration
Deadline: January 15
To be eligible for admission as a freshman, you should be a graduate of an accredited high school or its equivalent.
The college recommends that 16 or more college preparatory academic units should be earning in the following areas:
- English (4 units)
- Laboratory Science (2 units)
- Foreign Language (2 units)
- Algebra I and II
- and courses in United States history, world history, other social sciences, advanced mathematics or natural sciences
How To Apply
To apply for admission, you should submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed application for admission. You may submit an electronic online application. The completed application is confidential and will become the property of Columbia College.
- A nonrefundable $25 application fee (check or money order should be made payable to Columbia College. Note: If you submit an electronic online application, the Office of Admissions will waive the $25 application processing fee.
- An Official High School Transcript (to be submitted with the Counselor Evaluation Form). A final official transcript must also be sent upon completion of the senior year.
- A High School Guidance Counselor Evaluation Form. The Counselor Evaluation Form is required for freshman admissions. You must complete this form and submit it to the Office of Admissions whether you apply on-line or by a traditional paper application. After you have completed Section I of the Counselor Evaluation Form, give it to your high school guidance counselor.
- SAT or ACT scores. Arrange for SAT or ACT score reports to be sent to Columbia College. Columbia College's code for SATS (CEEB code) is 5117; for ACT, it is 3850. Your best math and verbal scores will be combined.
Your application packet should be mailed to: