Leading the Way
Columbia College is leading the way in alternative certification in South Carolina. The College received a five-year grant from the SC Commission on Higher Education to research and develop a quality alternative certification program. The Alternative Pathways to Educator Certification program, called APEC, is ideal for career changers and employees of our partnering school districts who are interested in teacher certification but need a program that supports working adults. The APEC Program prepares our students through coursework, classroom experiences, and mentoring to become successful classroom teachers.
How to Enroll
Check out our enrollment steps and timeline, so you know what to expect during the APEC enrollment process.
1. We recommend attending an information session.
2. Complete your application by February 14.
3. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview the week of March 2nd.
4. APEC Fellows are selected by April 15.
5. APEC Fellows attend program orientation on June 10.
6. Summer Session Module 1 begins on July 6.
Have questions about the process or the program? Connect with us directly at email@example.com.