COVID-19 Policies Across Campus
We're increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting, focusing on high touch surfaces, such as residence hall communal rooms, public restrooms, George’s Gym, library tables, elevator buttons, handrails, tables, faucets, doorknobs, and shared keyboards.
- Athletic Facilities
- The McNair Fitness Center will re-open and resume to normal operations.
- All recreation facilities to include George’s gym, Porter gymnasium, Greer Natatorium, and all athletic fields will resume to normal business operation prior to the pandemic.
- Student-athletes will be advised to follow protocol and procedures that will be outlined in the Student-Athlete Handbook.
- Classrooms & High Touch Areas
- Wash hands for 20 seconds using warm water and soap or use the hand sanitizer stations located across the campus.
- Always use a paper towel to open the door.
- Sanitize your hands with the sanitizer provided inside or outside the classroom.
- Classrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Elevators will resume the normal operation prior to the pandemic.
- Columbia College has an elevator cleaning process and has updated the cleaning process to ensure ongoing cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as elevator panels/buttons.|
Kitchens and Laundry Areas
The kitchen and laundry facilities will resume the normal operation prior to the pandemic.
- Residence Life and Housing Spaces
Our goal is to provide students with an enriching experience while implementing operational procedures for the health and safety of the entire residential community. The policy changes for the 2021-2022 academic school year are below:
Students will be assigned a move in time. A move in request form allows students to select a preferred move in time.
Visitation of the residence halls will resume to normal operation prior to the pandemic.
Overnight Visitation of the Residence Hall will resume to normal operation prior to the pandemic.
All common spaces (kitchen, laundry room, lounges, etc.) will be held to CDC guidelines.
- Laundry Rooms - resume to normal operation prior to the pandemic.
- Kitchens - resume to normal operation prior to the pandemic.
Refer to the Student Handbook.
- Dining Hall Procedures and Traffic Patterns
Please refer to Sodexo website for all updates and changes for Dining Services.