Dr. Christine Oskar-Poisson is an Assistant Professor of Trauma-Informed Education in the MEd/ Trauma-Informed Education (TIE) program at Columbia College. Dr. Oskar-Poisson holds a BA in English teaching and a MAT in secondary English education from the University of New Hampshire. She maintains current licenses in Secondary English and Curriculum Administration and currently is a Board member of the New Hampshire Council of Teachers of English (NHCTE). She earned her EdD in K-12 leadership from New England College, where her research explored the ways New Hampshire institutions of higher education prepare secondary English educators to teach rhetorical analysis to promote civic discourse through writing. Dr. Oskar-Poisson’s current scholarship explores the ways vicarious trauma impacts college composition faculty. Dr. Oskar-Poisson is a 2019 recipient of the Pericles Leadership fellow for her course titled Teaching Literature for Social Justice. She was selected to be the 2020-2021 Mellon Periclean Faculty Leader in the Humanities and continues her work authoring new courses that infuse themes of social justice.
Awards & Accomplishments
- 2020 Periclean Melon Fellow
- 2019 Periclean Faculty Leadership Program
- Oskar-Poisson, C. A. (2023). What teacher preparation programs can learn from preservice educators in a post-pandemic world, New England College Journal of Applied Educational Research, 3(1). 1-11.
- Oskar-Poisson, C. A. (2020). Teaching Literature for Social Justice: Encouraging Students to Make a Difference. Paper presented at Association of American Colleges & Universities Annual Conference, Washington, DC.
- Oskar-Poisson, C. A. (2019). Countering tweets of hate with snaps of inspiration: Teaching students to use the rhetoric of social media to advocate for social change, The Leaflet, 115(3). 15-24.
- Oskar-Poisson, C. A. (2018). Countering Tweets of Hate with Snaps of Inspiration. Paper presented at fall New England Association of Teachers of English Conference, Mansfield, MA.
- Oskar-Poisson, C. A. (2018.) Encouraging transfer through media and digital literacy Curriculum, The Leaflet, 114(4). 14-20.
- Oskar-Poisson, C. A. (2017). Media Literacy for Social Change: Teaching with Informational Texts. Paper presented at the fall New England Association of Teachers of English Conference,Mansfield, MA.
- Oskar-Poisson, C. A. (2017). Preparing Future English Teachers to Teach Rhetorical Analysis: A Descriptive Program Analysis of New Hampshire Institutions of Higher Education (Doctoral dissertation). (UMI No. 10789660)