Kathy Coskrey is the Director of Field Experiences for Education. She coordinates the field placements of teacher candidates in Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle Level, Special Education, Dance, English, and Math in local area school districts. Along with supervising teacher candidates, she teaches the math strategies course for Early Childhood, Elementary, and Special Education majors and the directed teaching leadership seminar. She received a BS in Finance from East Tennessee State University and an MAT in Elementary Education from University of South Carolina. Prior to coming to Columbia College in 2004, she worked for the Department of Disabilities and Special Needs and for Richland School District One.
In her free time, she enjoys cheering on the Clemson Tigers with her husband Ernie, and spending time with their three college-age children, Abigail, Christopher, and Rosemary. With two children attending Clemson and one attending Furman, purple is her favorite color.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Midlands’ Educators Effectiveness Roundtable Member| 2016 - Present
- Nursery Road Elementary School Improvement Council Member | 2016 - Present
- National Council for Teachers of Mathematics Member | 2009 - Present
- SCDE SCTS 4.0 Rubric Evaluator Training and Certification | 2016
- CERRA SC Mentor Trainer Training | 2015
- SCDE Student Learning Objective (SLO) Evaluator Training | 2015
- Buck Institute for Education Project Based Learning 101 | 2014