Lauren Fleming serves as the program manager for the Center for Leadership & Social Change. In this role, she helps create and execute leadership opportunities for students to better engage with the College and community. In addition to managing the Center's signature programs, Lauren advises CC's student chapter for Amnesty International and is a member of the staff leadership and the diversity, equity & inclusion college committees.
A two-time Columbia College alumna, Lauren graduated magna cum laude cum honore with a Bachelor of Arts in public relations and a Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership. As an alumna, she is a member of the Ariail Club where she enjoys connecting with others who love Columbia College. In the community, Lauren serves on the Board of Directors for Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) as the vice-chair of the volunteer action team and a member of the diversity and inclusion action team. She is also on the Core Team for Resilient Richland and on the Steering Committees for the Mayor's COVID-19 Disparity Taskforce and the College Food Insecurity Subcommittee.
Outside of work and service, Lauren enjoys spending time in Columbia visiting local staples like the Columbia Museum of Art and Riverbanks Zoo.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Selected Participant for the Obama Foundation's Community Leadership Corp | 2018
- Recipient of the Division of Communication, Language and Literature Public Relations Rising Star Award | 2018
- Recipient of the Savory Award at Columbia College | 2018
- Recipient of the Tull Foundation Honors Scholar Award from the Columbia College Honors Program | 2018
- Recipient of the Caroline Whitson Leadership Makes a Difference Award from Columbia College | 2017
- Recipient of the John J. Hanigan Award for community service and academic excellence | 2017
- Recipient of the P.L.A.C.E. Fellows (philanthropy, leadership and community engagement) First Place Award for dedication and service to the Eau Claire Community | 2015