Lauren Fleming serves as the program manager for the Center for Leadership & Social Change. In this role, she helps create and execute leadership opportunities for students to better engage with the College and community.
A two-time Columbia College alumna, Lauren graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in public relations and a Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership. As an alumna, she is a member of the Ariail Club. In the community, Lauren serves on the Core Team for Resilient Richland and on the Steering Committee for the North Columbia Youth Empowerment Initiative.
Lauren has worked for local organizations such as the Rotary of North Columbia, Flock and Rally, Palmetto Health, the South Carolina Arts Commission and The State newspaper.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Selected Participant for the Obama Foundation's Community Leadership Corp | 2018
- Recipient of the Division of Communication, Language and Literature Public Relations Rising Star Award | 2018
- Recipient of the Savory Award at Columbia College | 2018
- Recipient of the Tull Foundation Honors Scholar Award from the Columbia College Honors Program | 2018
- Recipient of the Caroline Whitson Leadership Makes a Difference Award from Columbia College | 2017
- Recipient of the John J. Hanigan Award for community service and academic excellence | 2017
- Recipient of the P.L.A.C.E. Fellows (philanthropy, leadership and community engagement) First Place Award for dedication and service to the Eau Claire Community | 2015