Our Accounting Degree Program
Next Start Date:
January 11, 2021 (All Programs)
Earn a foundation in accounting and set yourself up for success with the CPA exam upon completion of your degree at Columbia College. Here, we’ll give you the tools to thrive in a variety of accounting specializations. You’ll have full access to a dedicated Advisory Board of local business leaders aimed at delivering personalized guidance beyond the classroom. Our Accounting program will prepare you for business beyond basic principles and give you the knowledge to succeed in a variety of commercial fields.
- 92% program job placement rate
- Small class sizes.
- QuickBooks certification for students and practicing professionals.
- Faculty members’ expertise includes management, accounting, marketing, economics, small business, international business, and information systems.
- Classes feature guest business lecturers who are CEOs, corporate officers, and partners of regional, national, and international firms.
The small class sizes have allowed me to be more comfortable in the classroom and build a connection with the teachers and students.Jordan Morin
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination
After you graduate, you'll have taken the core course requirements to sit for the CPA exam but you'll need 150 credits before you can receive your license. Most undergraduate accounting students go on to receive their master's degree, so it's important to us that you receive comprehensive undergraduate studies and you're prepared to excel in your post-graduate work.
Graduates from this program have attained internships and job placements in various institutions, including:
- Cap Gemini
- Wells Fargo Bank
- First Community Bank
- Dovetail Insurance
- Fort Jackson Military Base
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- Richland County Public Library
- AJ Brooker Financial Associates
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC
- SC Department of Revenue
- Bank of America
- Deloitte & Touche
- South Carolina Policy Council
- SC State Chamber of Commerce
- SC State Office of the Treasurer
- Westinghouse Electric
Acceptance into Graduate Programs
Graduates have also gone on to pursue advanced courses of study at the following institutions:
- Carnegie Mellon University
- College of Charleston
- Columbia College, MS Organizational Leadership
- Liberty University
- University of South Carolina's Darla Moore School of Business
Accounting Areas of Study
Learn about the classes we offer and areas you can focus on when you study Accounting.
Major Course Requirements
- Accounting, BS (Undergraduate & Evening Program)