Our Accounting Degree Program
Next Start Date:
January 10, 2022 (All Programs)
Earn a foundation in accounting and set yourself up for success with the CPA exam upon completion of your degree at Columbia College. Here, we’ll give you the tools to thrive in a variety of accounting specializations.
You’ll also have full access to a dedicated Advisory Board of local business leaders aimed at delivering personalized guidance beyond the classroom. Our Accounting program will prepare you for business beyond basic principles and give you the knowledge to succeed in a variety of commercial fields.
- Small class sizes.
- QuickBooks certification for students and practicing professionals.
- Faculty members’ expertise includes management, accounting, marketing, economics, small business, international business, and information systems.
- Classes feature guest business lecturers who are CEOs, corporate officers, and partners of regional, national, and international firms.
The small class sizes have allowed me to be more comfortable in the classroom and build a connection with the teachers and students.Jordan Morin
Job Placements & Graduate Programs
Graduates from this program have gone on to internships, job placements, and graduate school at various institutions, including:
- Cap Gemini
- Wells Fargo Bank
- First Community Bank
- Deloitte & Touche
- SC State Chamber of Commerce
- University of South Carolina's Darla Moore School of Business
- Carnegie Mellon University
- More Placements
- Dovetail Insurance
- Fort Jackson Military Base
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- Richland County Public Library
- AJ Brooker Financial Associates
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC
- SC Department of Revenue
- Bank of America
- South Carolina Policy Council
- SC State Office of the Treasurer
- Westinghouse Electric
Accounting Areas of Study
Learn about the classes we offer and areas you can focus on when you study Accounting.
Major Course Requirements
- Accounting, BS (Undergraduate & Evening Program)