Our Community & Public Health Degree Program
Next Start Date:
August 24, 2020
Our Community and Public Health degree seeks to improve human health by applying knowledge from multiple disciplines to help you develop an understanding of public health. Your knowledge will be grounded scientifically, but with due consideration to human rights and cultural perspectives.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to pursue a career in the field of specific health professionals or in community health settings.
Personalized Programs of Study
Advisors will direct you towards minors and engaged learning experiences that will strengthen your candidacy for graduate or professional programs or employment in public health settings.
- Planning a career in the health professions? Then consider the BS degree and complete your internship in a health facility such as a hospital or outpatient clinic. You may also consider a minor in biology.
- Is Health Education or advocacy for you? Then consider the BA degree Community Health and Education Track. Intern with organizations such as MADD or American heart Association.
- Planning a career in healthcare management? Consider an internship in a physician’s office or hospital.
All students participate in an extensive and reflective service learning project in a hospital, community health clinic, state agency or non-profit organization.
Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 18 percent from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, there should be increased demand for healthcare services.
Job Title: Medical and Health Services Manager
- Median Pay 2018: $99,730
- Job Outlook 2018-2018: Projecting 18% growth
Internship & Job Placements
- Providence Hospital
- Prisma Health
- Extreme Fitness in North Carolina
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Columbia College Athletics
- Remington College
Community & Public Health Areas of Study
Major Course Requirements
- Community & Public Health, B.A. (Undergraduate Program)
- Community Health and Education Track
- Healthcare Management Track
- Community & Public Health, B.S. (Undergraduate Program)
- Public Health Track
- Nursing Track
Minor Course Requirements
- Public Health Science & Delivery (Undergraduate Program)