Our Educational Studies Program
Next Start Date:
January 11, 2021 (All Programs)
Our Educational Studies degree is a non-certifying program within the Division of Education where you can explore the foundations of education to include developmental psychology, political advocacy and instructional pedagogy.
We prepare all of our Education majors to be "Learner Ready” in guiding the development of twenty-first-century learners to become contributing members of a diverse, global community. In addition, the Educational Studies curriculum emphasizes lessons on effective communication, leadership, and collaboration.
- The degree is a great fit for students interested in education but not planning to pursue a public school teaching certification.
- You'll become a collaborative professional committed to advocating for all learners.
- The major explores the field of education and prepares students for careers in non-traditional education settings and education-related services.
The Educational Studies Program gave me a different approach to explore my career and an alternative route to becoming a certified teacher. I was able to advance my education despite the many challenges that come with being a full-time employee, a mother of two, a wife, and a full-time student. I'm truly thankful for everything I learned during my years at Columbia College.Latonia A. Ishmal, Educational Studies, B.A. '17, Divergent Learning, M.A. '20
Many graduates choose to work in private settings or pursue graduate studies. Common pathways following graduation include Master of Arts in Teaching graduate programs leading to certification, intervention, and teaching in a variety of settings.
Common Career Settings
- Non-traditional educational settings
- Non-profit agencies
- Social service agencies
Educational Studies Areas of Study
The Educational Studies degree course requirements are identical for undergraduate and evening program students. Learn about the classes we offer and areas you can focus on when you major or minor in Educational Studies.
Major Course Requirements
- Educational Studies, B.A. (Undergraduate & Evening Program)
Minor Course Requirements
- Education Studies Minor (Undergraduate & Evening)