Our Global Business Degree Program
Next Start Date:
August 24, 2020
Innovations in technology and travel have globalized the modern economy. A degree in Global Business from Columbia College can give you the legal, cultural, and administrative knowledge that you'll need to thrive in a multinational business environment.
- Expand your scope and enhance your job opportunities.
- Specialized experience in the global dimension of the functional areas of business.
- Intensive study in a foreign language.
- Interactive learning.
- Research opportunities.
- Dedicated faculty with specialized expertise.
- Flexibility in selecting a specialized track in Global Business.
In today's job market, global business professionals are very much in-demand. Here's some more information about potential careers post-graduation:
- Financial Analyst
- 2017 Median Pay: $84,300
- Estimated Job Growth through 2026: 11 percent
- Financial analysts produce reports, guide investment activities, and develop strategic planning to support the long-term financial goals of a company. They combine the technical and communication skills needed to enhance their organization’s bottom line.
- As investing becomes more international, global organizations want financial analysts who understand the region’s language, culture, environment, and political background. International analysts must understand how global currencies, diplomacy, and worldwide stock exchanges affect their company’s bottom line.
- Management Analyst
- 2017 Median Pay: $82,450
- Estimated Job Growth through 2026: 14 percent
- Management analysts, also known as consultants, create new ways of improving an organization’s efficiency. They advise upper management on how to enhance company performance by solving organizational problems, such as evaluating a new market expansion program or adapting to a different operations strategy.
Graduates from this program have attained internships and job placements in various institutions, including:
- KPMG Viet Nam
- TransPerfect, London, United Kingdom
- Accountant in Hamburg, Germany
Acceptance into Graduate Programs
Graduates have also gone on to pursue advanced courses of study at the following institutions:
- University of South Carolina Darla Moore School of Business
- Emory University School of Law
- Georgia Institute of Technology
Global Business Areas of Study
Learn about the classes we offer and areas you can focus on when you study Accounting.
Major Course Requirements
- Global Business, BS (Undergraduate Program)
Minor Course Requirements
- Global Studies Minor (Undergraduate Program)