Our Health Science Degree Program
Health Science, B.S.
An Associate degree with a major in an allied health area from a regionally accredited two year college is required for this major.
Available in: Online Undergraduate
Catalog/Requirements: Health Science, B.S.
This is an online program except following classes:
- BIO 110 Foundations of Biology
- CHEM 121 General Chemistry I
- CHEM 122 General Chemistry II
- BIO 226 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIO 326 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- 9-12 semester hours of BIO/CHEM/PHY Electives
Our hybrid online and in person Health Science degree will help you develop the skills and meet the requirements to help your successfully enter into professional graduate programs in medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy or other areas of training. Students seeking a BS degree in Health Science will work with their advisors to complete the science courses and other pre-requisite courses required for advanced study. This degree is for students with an Associate's degree.
- Degree may be completed in under two years (dependent on transfer credits)
- Non-science courses will be offered online and students will come to campus for science courses with labs or can transfer credits in from accredited institutions
- Focused on preparing students for advanced clinical professional healthcare programs
- Advancing into professional degree programs
- Physicians’ offices
- Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy practices
The Columbia College Difference
We understand you have a busy schedule, so we minimize your on-campus coursework and will accept transfer credits to provide you flexibility while you complete your degree. Our online courses are offered in 5-week modules with no technology fees and e-books included. At Columbia College, our faculty all use their hands-on experience in the field to create meaningful assignments and provide useful insights.
Julia P. Baker, Professor of Chemistry
B.S., Furman University; Ph.D. University of South Carolina.
Jessica Allen, Assistant Professor of Biology, Chair for Health Science Program
B.A., Wesleyan University; Ph.D., Stanford University.
Karen Turner, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science and Public Health
B.S., Erskine College; M.Ed., Auburn University; Ed.D., The University of West Florida
Marlee Marsh, Associate Professor of Biology
B.S. Converse College; Ph.D., Clemson University
Adrienne Yingling Oxley, Associate Professor of Chemistry
B.S., Chatham College; Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh.
Vida Mingo, Lecturer of Biology
B.S., Johnson C. Smith University; M.S., Long Island University; Ph.D., University of South Carolina.
Your Enrollment Option
- Get your degree in less than two years
- Apply anytime, courses start every five weeks