Our Healthcare Studies
Healthcare Studies, B.S.
- General Heath Care Studies
An Associate degree with a major in an allied health area from a regionally accredited two year college is required for this major.
Available in: Online Undergraduate Program
Catalog/Requirements: Healthcare Studies, B.S.
Our online/hybrid Healthcare Studies degree will equip you with instrumental skills to make your successful migration into management and leadership roles. Students seeking a BA or BS degree in Healthcare Studies will learn management skills, information technology in healthcare, regulatory and accreditation issues in healthcare institutions and other skills for success in the healthcare profession.
- Degree may be completed in under two years
- 100% online classes can be accessed anywhere, anytime
- Designed to accommodate full-time working professionals
- Focused on real-world topics like accreditation, law, management and ethics
- Prepare students to adapt and succeed in a rapidly growing field
A degree in Healthcare Studies can help with career advancement into supervisory or management positions in the following areas:
- Physicians’ offices
- Home healthcare services
- Correctional facilities or schools
- Service in the military
This program is pending approval from Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Kirt E. Moody, Pavsinger Endowed Chair for Science and Technology; Professor of Biology and Environmental Science.
B.A.S., M.A., University of Maine; Ph.D., College of William and Mary
Marlee Marsh, Associate Professor of Biology
B.S. Converse College; Ph.D., Clemson University
Jessica Allen, Assistant Professor of Biology, Chair for the Health Science
B.A., Wesleyan University; Ph.D., Stanford University.
Vida Mingo, Lecturer of Biology
B.S., Johnson C. Smith University; M.S., Long Island University; Ph.D., University of South Carolina.
Your Enrollment Option
- Get your degree in less than two years
- Apply anytime, courses start every five weeks