Our Nursing Degree
Next Start Date:
August 23, 2021
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing, in partnership with Midlands Technical College, is designed to provide you with the education, training, and leadership skills that are essential for a successful career in the healthcare environment. In addition to pursuing leadership and management roles, a BSN will also give you the ability to pursue advanced practice degrees in more specialized fields.
The BSN program through Columbia College is a hybrid program that is composed of three distinct stages:
- Initial two years of general education and required nursing pre-requisites are taken on campus at Columbia College.
- Five semesters of clinical coursework to prepare for an Associate Degree in Nursing are taken at Midlands Tech.
- Ten upper-level nursing courses are taken online through Columbia College to complete a BSN. The Baccalaureate Degree Program in Nursing at Columbia College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
All advanced Nursing courses are taught by experienced Nurses and healthcare professionals so you will know you are receiving exceptional training and practicing skills that will guide you beyond your degree and into a successful career.
- Dual enrollment at Midlands Technical College allows you to graduate with an Associate's and Bachelor's degree.
- Simulation laboratories, skills labs, and clinical rotations will be taken through Midlands Technical College.
The mission of Columbia College's nursing program is to prepare nurses to become competent leaders in their professional nursing practices. The nursing program embraces Columbia College core values of social justice and service to educate nurses that will provide compassionate and culturally-sensitive care to improve the health and wellness of a diverse community.
Upon your graduation with an Associate Degree in Nursing from Midlands Tech and successful attainment of licensure, you can begin work as a practicing registered nurse, even as you are enrolled in the RN to BSN program at Columbia College. This gives you the chance to gain valuable work experience as you earn your BSN.
Nursing Areas of Study
Learn about the classes we offer and areas you can focus on when you study Nursing at Columbia College.
Major Course Requirements
- Nursing, B.S.N. (Undergraduate Hybrid Program)
Already have your Associate's Degree and RN License?
If you already have an Associate's degree in Nursing with an unencumbered RN license, you can join our RN to BSN Completion Program online.
- RN to BSN | Online
If you already have an Associate's degree in Nursing with an unencumbered RN license, you can join our RN to BSN Completion Program online. Depending on the number of credit hours you transfer, you may be able to graduate in as little as one year. You can find additional information about transferring on our Admissions pages.Explore the RN to BSN
The following are needed to apply for the RN-to-BSN program:
You can select one of our topics or write about something that inspires you.
2. High School Transcript
You must have a 2.5 GPA on a unweighted 4.0 scale.
3. SAT or ACT Test Scores
You must have scored one of the following on either the ACT or SAT test:
ACT: score at least 20 English, 24 Math, and 20 Composite (scores must be within 3 years).
- or -
SAT: score at least 500 EBRW (Evidence-Based Reading & Writing) and 580 Math (scores must be within three years).