What You'll Learn
A Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner is an advanced-level postgraduate degree for registered nurses and is considered an entry-level degree for nurse educators and managers. The FNP curriculum begins with MSN degree core courses that focus on nursing theory, research, leadership, professional development, healthcare policy and informatics in healthcare.
The FNP track will further prepare to expand your professional nursing practice and knowledge as you prepare for the National Certification as a family nurse practitioner.
- Prepares student for the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) national certification exam
- 100% of online classes can be accessed from anywhere, anytime
- Designed to accommodate full-time working professionals
- Distinguished faculty with real-life experience and the highest academic credentials
- Tuition is a great deal at $480/semester credit hour
- Classes are eight weeks, and E-books are provided for all classes
- U.S. News and World Reports ranked our online programs 153 out of 1,200 regionally accredited institutions
- College Health
- Family Practice
- Health Department
- Internal Medicine/Pediatric Primary Care
- Retail Clinics
- Women's Health
Applicants should have an unencumbered RN license, a BSN from an accredited school of nursing, and a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. All applicants will also be required to have an in-person or on-phone interview.
This program requires forty-five semester hours for completion.
- Course Listing
Example Course Listing
NURS 500 Foundational Concepts & Applications NURS 501 Theoretical Basis for Advanced Nursing Practice NURS 503 Population Health, Epidemiology & Statistical Principles NURS 505 Advanced Research Methods: Evidence-Based Practice NURS 506 Healthcare Policy NURS 507 Advanced Pharmacology NURS 509 Advanced Physical Assessment + 25 Lab hours NURS 510 Leadership and Role Development of the Advanced Practice Nurse NURS 512 Fundamentals of Healthcare Informatics OR ANP 530 Trauma Medicine NURS 601 Primary Care of the Maturing & Aged Family Practicum + 125 Clinical hours NURS 602 Primary Care of the Childbearing & Childbearing Family Practicum + 125 Clinical hours NURS 603 Advanced Clinical Diagnosis & Practice Across the Lifespan Practicum + 125 Clinical hours NURS 650 Capstone II Practicum + 125 Clinical hours