The Dr. John Zubizarreta Honors Program provides an enriched academic experience to outstanding students.
If you are a motivated, ambitious student who is willing to accept challenges and engage in deeper ways of learning, then you should consider honors.
Classroom & Curriculum Advantages
- Unique seminar topics not available in regular classes
- Teaching from excellent faculty who have won every teaching award the college offers
- Small classes, predominately discussion-based, with a focus on critical thinking, creativity, self-directed learning, critical thinking, and reflection
- Demonstration to employers and graduate schools of superior academic achievement
Unique Recognition & Opportunities
- Distinction with Honors Medallion, designation on the transcript, and honors diploma certificate
- Opportunities to participate in: National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC), Southern Regional Honors Council, National Society for Minorities in Honors, and more
- Semesters in places like Washington DC, Prague, Grand Canyon, New York City, Wales, and the Amazon River
- Semester-at-Sea & Partners in the Parks experiential ventures
- Special student-designed orientation with City-as-Text™ excursions
Apply for Honors