How Do I Apply for Housing

Housing applications are sent once you have been accepted to Columbia College. The application contains information regarding housing preferences, roommate requests and meal plan options. Preferences are awarded in the order they are received, so the sooner you return your application, the more likely your selection will be honored. 

Submit Housing Application

COVID-19 Health & Safety Policies

We will be implementing operational procedures for the health and safety of the entire residential community to prevent and reduce the spread of COVID-19. Review the housing policies below or take a look at our COVID-19 Policy Updates for more information. 

Policy Changes for the 2021-2022 Academic School Year

Common Spaces 

All common spaces (kitchen, laundry room, lounges, etc.) will be held to CDC guidelines.

  • Laundry Rooms - resume to normal operation prior to the pandemic. 
  • Kitchens - resume to normal operation prior to the pandemic. 

Overnight Visitation 

Overnight Visitation of the Residence Hall will resume to normal operation prior to the pandemic.


Visitation of the residence halls will resume to normal operation prior to the pandemic.

Judicial Process

Refer to the Student Handbook.

Housing Availability

On-campus housing at Columbia College is available to full-time, undergraduate, on-campus students. The College will also begin offering housing to graduate and evening college students. Every first and second year student is required to live on campus unless they meet one of the exemption categories:

  • Living in Richland or Lexington county with your parent(s)/guardian(s).
  • Living with your spouse and/or children.
  • 21 years or older.

The exemption form is part of the housing application which can be found here.  You must fill out the form in order to be considered for exemption. 

Submit a Deposit

Don’t forget to make your $50 admissions deposit to secure your spot on campus! This deposit must be received before you will be assigned housing. Any questions? Please call us at 1.800.277.1301

What Happens Next? 

Receive your Housing Assignment

Housing assignments are sent out July 1.

Once your application has been processed your hall assignment and roommate contact information will be sent back to you.

Meet your Roommate

If you attend one of our new student orientations, you'll receive your housing and roommate information before it is officially sent out. If not, you'll still receive you roommate's contact details but it won't be until July 1.

Move In Day 

You'll be assigned a move in time and may have two helpers to assist you. More information regarding move in day specifics will be provided on August 1.   

Facts & Figures

As a first and second year student, you'll be required to stay on campus unless you live in Lexington or Richland county, you are 21 years of age or older, married, or have dependents living with you.

On-Campus Housing Cost (Per Semester)

  • Standard Double: $2,090 
  • Cottages-Standard Double: $2,225
  • Standard Single: $2,550
  • Double as a Single (privatized room): $2,900

On-Campus Meal Plan Costs

  • 19 meals/week: $2,185 (Required for First Years)
  • 15 meals/week: $2,125
  • 10 meals/week: $2,000 (Seniors Only)
  • 5 meals/week: $900 (Commuters Only)

Planning for Your Move Meals do not carry over to the next week. Meal plans are reset every Sunday morning. A valid Columbia College ID is required for use of all meal plans. If a student has lost an ID, a temporary ID can be obtained from the CCPD for short-term use until the ID is located. If the ID is not located within a few days, the student must purchase a new ID from CCPD. Questions about the meal plan should be directed to the Office of Residence Life and Housing. 

More information about dining services

To help you plan and move into your dorm, we compiled a list of helpful information about our rooms as well as a packing checklist.

Each room includes the following furniture: 

  • Bed 
  • Dresser
  • Desk 
  • Desk chair
  • Rooms in Mirse, Wesley, Hudson, and the Cottages also have one night stand 
  • All beds are semi lofted - the dimensions from floor to top is 40.5" and from the floor to the frame is 30.5" 

Residence Hall Room Dimensions 

Rooms may vary by size, but the differences are relatively minor. 

  • McNair Standard Measurements: 15' by 11' feet 
  • Mirse, Hudson, Wesley, and Cottages Standard Measurements: 12'7" by 13'3" 

Curtain rod specifications: 

  • McNair Standard Window Measurements: Main - 50" by 52"
  • Mirse, Hudson, Wesley, Cottages Standard Window Measurements: 51" by 81" 

Contact Us

Shadé Holmes
As Director of Housing and Residence Life, Shadé oversees housing, RA selection, judicial conduct, and residence life staff and policies.
Contact info: 803-786-3476 and