Summer Orientation & Registration (S.O.A.R.)
We’ve arranged several virtual sessions throughout the summer to connect you with faculty, staff, current students, and more. S.O.A.R. is designed to answer your most pressing questions and welcome you to the Columbia College community. We understand you may be feeling excited as well as overwhelmed as you transition to college life. With virtual sessions throughout the summer, our goal is to help you get prepared and excited about college life as a Koala!
- Student Virtual Sessions: June 9–July 15
- Parent Virtual Sessions: June 11–August 14
- Move-In Day: Thursday, August 20
- Fall Orientation: Thursday, August 20–Saturday, August 22
Your Orientation Journey Starts Here
The Navigate App is a free application you can find in your Apple App Store or Google Play. Once you log in with your Columbia College username and password (same as email) you will take a brief survey before gaining access to your Orientation Checklist.
Having trouble logging into Navigate app? Please contact Navigate@columbiasc.edu.
Live Interactive Sessions - Koality Time with the Orientation Leaders
These live and interactive sessions will provide you with an opportunity to meet your peers and get to know the Orientation Leaders (OLs). These are upper-class students selected to help assist you with your transition to Columbia College. They are ready to answer all of your questions. Great news, you can attend as many sessions as you want!
- Tuesday, June 9 (11:30 AM & 6:30 PM)
- Thursday, June 25 (11:30 AM & 6:30 PM)
- Monday, July 13 (11:30 AM & 6:30 PM)
- Wednesday, July 15 (11:30 AM & 6:30 PM)
Sessions will be held via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 870 1973 6587
One tap mobile
Columbia College knows advising is critical to your academic experience. Information will be emailed to your Columbia College email address on June 1 on how to sign-up for an advisement appointment with a faculty advisor to learn about academic requirements and register for fall classes.
Parents & Families Live Q&A
We’d love to welcome you to campus in person, but since that’s not possible during the pandemic, we’ve arranged several virtual sessions throughout the summer to keep you connected.
You can attend as many sessions as you wish.
Join us at 12:30 PM or 6:30 PM on days listed below:
- Thursday, June 11 (Featured Offices: Financial Aid & Residence Life & Housing)
- Tuesday, June 23 (Featured Office: Campus Safety)
- Monday, July 27 (Featured Office: Counseling & Student Success)
- Wednesday, July 29 (Featured Office: Student Activities)
- Monday, August 3 (Featured Office: Diversity Officer and Multicultural Affairs, Community Resources, & Chaplain)
- Friday, August 14 (Featured Office: Career Services)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 815 1408 4149
One tap mobile
View Our Resources for Parents & Families:
- Find Out Academic Life At Columbia College
- Get More Information About Tuition Accounts
- Watch this Financial Aid Video To Be Prepared for the Fall
- Learn More About Dining Services
- Find Out About What to Bring for the Residence Hall
- Check Out Athletics at Columbia College
- Review our Parents & Families Webpage to Learn How to Connect to the College
Meet Some Members of the Parent & Family Advisory Council