November 3, 2023 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Get ready for an incredible lineup of speakers at TEDxColumbia College SC! TEDxColumbiaCollegeSC is a local, independently organized event curated by the Columbia College TEDx team. Our goal is to create a TED-like experience here in Columbia with an event consisting of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the college giving their own TEDx talks to an eager audience. At its core, the fundamental goal of TED and TEDx is to spread great ideas, mostly through TED talks. We hope these talks will touch upon topics that impact our local community directly while also being of interest to a global audience.
On Friday, November 3, 2023, from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM in Spears Concert Hall, join us and 11 speakers who will share their inspiring ideas on the theme of "Staying Connected." Brace yourself for thought-provoking talks that will ignite your curiosity and challenge your perspectives. These incredible individuals are ready to take you on a journey of discovery, exploration, and connection. They'll shed light on the power of staying connected in today's fast-paced world.
- Dr. Wendy Harriford Platt: Generations of Learning: A Lifelong Journey from College Dropout to Inspiring Educator
- Angelica Gantt, MBA: Wealth Creation Unleashed: The Art of Financial Manifestation
- Connie L. Johnson: The Problem is the Solution
- Matthew Wooten: Beyond Labels: Navigating Life as a Black Male on the Autism Spectrum
- Amanda Ling: Ethereal Choreography: Dancing with Ghost Stories to Unearth Connections and Mysteries
- Marta Ravin: Navigating the Return to Office: A Transformational Approach to Employee Engagement
- Stephen Campolo: Embracing Imperfection: A Journey to Wellness and Mindful Eating
- Dr. DeShanna Reed: Unlocking Opportunities: Empowering Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Postsecondary Employment
- Dr. Jennifer Lynne Raasch & Emily Hall: Empowering Tomorrow's Civic Leaders: A Revolution in Education
- Wendy Louise Johnson: Balancing the Scales: Achieving Financial Equity for Egalitarian Relationships
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of a transformative experience! Secure your spot and join us on November 3rd for a day of enlightenment and connection. Get ready to be inspired, motivated, and connected!
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.
What is TEDx?: In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxColumbiaCollegeSC where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxColumbiaCollegeSC event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
Student Committee Members
- Aggie Bofilios
- Payton Brookover
- Lee Catoe
- Xavier Linen
- Lisa London
- Jzurnee Myers
- Rion Mckenzie Skinner
Staff Committee Member
- Dr. Melissia Brannen
- Annie Lambert
- Richmond Nti
- Ashton Peterson
- Moeshia Scott