Jill Eversmann, MS, CCC-SLP is a Lecturer and Clinical Supervisor in the Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) program at Columbia College. Ms. Eversmann has over 30 years of experience as a pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist. She has worked in schools in MD, VA, NC, SC, and HI and in Early Intervention (birth-3) in SC.
She currently teaches both on-campus and online courses and supervises students during their clinical practicum. She created a course to teach students early ASL signs to use with young children with speech and language delays and disorders: Using Sign Language with Young Children. She also started Koala Camp as a service to local families. Toddlers with special needs and their parents come to campus and students get some real-life experience teaching signs to young children and their families.
Ms. Eversmann earned her B.S. in Speech-Language Pathology from James Madison University (VA) and her M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology from Towson University (MD).
In addition to teaching and supervising, she presents locally and nationally on her primary areas of interest: using sign language with young children and effective early intervention sessions. She recently created a new professional development course for healthcare providers: “DEI: Cultural Competent Practice in Pediatrics.”
Awards & Accomplishments
- 2023 South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (SCICU) Excellence in Teaching Award for Columbia College
- 2023 Vice President of the Board of Directors, Beginnings, SC
- 2021 South Carolina Speech-Language-Hearing Association Frank R. Kleffner Clinical Career Award
- Award for Continuing Education, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2018
- Member of the Month, South Carolina Speech-Language-Hearing Association. | February, 2019
- Professional Development Committee, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, SIG 11 Supervision and Administration
- South Carolina Speech-Language-Hearing Association Convention Committee 2023-2024, 2022-2023, 2018-2019, 2017-2018
- Webinar: “Introduction to Sign Language for Healthcare Professionals” 2019-Present
- Webinar: “Early Intervention: Techniques for Successful Sessions” Motivations, Inc. 2019-Present
- Webinar: “Introduction to Sign Language for Healthcare Professionals” 03/19, 09/19
- Seven-hour CE seminar: “Successfully Using Sign Language with Children Who Have Special Needs” Motivations, Inc. 2018-Present
- ASHA Leader online BLOG: 11 Tips to Improve Pediatric Communication with Sign Language. 2018
- 6-hour CE seminar: “Building Blocks for Early Intervention,” around the country, with VYNE Education. 2017-2018
- 6-hour CE seminar: “Using Sign Language with Pediatric Patients,” around the country, with VYNE Education. 2015-2018
- ASHA Leader online BLOG: Early Intervention and the Importance of Good Relationships. 2017
- Webinar: “DEI: Culturally Competent Practice in Pediatrics,” Motivations, Inc.