Get Your Psychology Degree
Learn the fundamentals of psychological research and practice the evaluation and application of research findings. We help you understand behavior from multiple perspectives, including abnormal, social, developmental, cognitive, and biological. Gain distinct professional advantage with your deep understanding of interpersonal skills, basic personality differences, and counseling techniques.
Psychology Program Highlights
- Get hands-on experience in the Psychology lab, conducting polygraph measurements and tracking facial expressions and eye movements in response to images.
- Get academic credits and on-the-job experience for an internship course related to the major—ideal for graduate school or job application.
- Participate in conference presentations and competitive summer clinical and research programs. Majors are eligible to join a campus Psychology organization and our chapter of Psi Chi.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Our 100% online degrees are top-ranked by U.S. News & World Reports. Finish your degree and advance your career with a degree designed to fit your busy life.
January, March, May, June, August & October
- 7-Week Courses
- No Login Times
- Transfer Up to 90 Credits, including 24 Training Hours
- 10-Hour Weekly Commitment (varies)
- Free E-Books
Major & Minor Requirements
Popular Psychology Classes
- Psychological Disorders
Study the clinically recognized forms of psychological disorder and mental illness.
- Learning, Cognition and Memory
Explore traditional learning paradigms with an emphasis on classical and operant conditioning and observational learning.
- Psychology Laboratory
Conduct and participate in experiments in areas such as emotion, perception, and cognition and record and psychophysiology.
Diverse Advancement Opportunities
With a variety of entry-level and graduate-level positions available, the field of Psychology is expected to grow between 3 and 10% from 2021 to 2031 (BLS).
Pursue a Meaningful Career
- School Psychologist
- Forensic Psychologist
- Human Resources Manager
- Case Worker
- Social Behavior Therapist
- Behavior Intervention Specialist
- Career Coach
- Mental Health Counselor
- Research assistant
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (M.Ed.)
- Marriage and Family Counseling (MMFT)
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.)
- Forensic Psychology (M.A.)
Online, 1-Year Master's Degrees
Specialize with in-demand topics and become even more marketable with a master's degree. Our master's degrees cultivate your leadership potential with purpose. Check out our 1-year master's degrees.
"Being a student here at Columbia College has been a very rewarding experience for me! The faculty is so friendly and they truly go above and beyond to be helpful to all the students."
Class of 2020
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.