Get Your Public Health Degree
Improve human health by integrating knowledge from multiple disciplines to help students develop an understanding of public health. Your knowledge will be grounded scientifically with due consideration of human rights and cultural perspectives. We prepare you to start a career in healthcare settings or pursue graduate work.
Public Health Program Highlights
- Choose the B.S. track to strengthen your candidacy for pre-professional tracks in healthcare and public health.
- Choose the B.A. track for an emphasis in health education, advocacy, and community health.
- Get support from advisors who have experience preparing students for graduate programs.
- Intern and shadow in healthcare settings or with organizations such as MADD or American Heart Association.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Public Health Curriculum
Major & Minor Requirements
Popular Public Health Classes
- Global Patterns and Policies in Public Health
Discuss the dimensions that create beneficial and adverse effects on populations, communities, and family/individual health.
- Human Health and Epidemiology
Explore the historical contributions and modern uses of epidemiology.
- Personal Health and Wellness
Study nutrition, weight management, physical fitness, stress management, drugs in society, and health consumerism.
Care is In Demand
Community health workers can expect positive job growth between 2021 and 2031, with jobs growing up to 12% in this field (BLS). The median annual wages for health workers and health education specialists is between $45,000 and $60,000 (BLS).
Promote Total Wellness
- Personal Trainer
- Director of Health Services
- Community Health worker
- Public Health Educator
Internship & Job Placements
- Extreme Fitness in North Carolina
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Columbia College Athletics
- Remington College
Get Your MHA in One Year
Cultivate your leadership skills and increase your earning potential with a master's degree. Your solid foundation will make you a strong candidate for any graduate program. Check out our online Master's in Healthcare Administration.
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.