Get Your Exercise Science Degree
As the multidisciplinary study of human movement, this degree incorporates anatomy and physiology, biomechanics, exercise physiology, and nutrition. You'll engage in weekly labs in exercise physiology as well as exercise testing. Our program prepares you to pursue a career in fitness, sports medicine, physical therapy, and more.
Exercise Science Program Highlights
- Satisfy your pre-professional requirements and get strong training for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other graduate programs.
- Get support from advisors who have experience preparing students for graduate programs.
- Customize your degree to meet your career goals with minors in athletic coaching, business, public health, psychology and more.
- Located in the heart of the capital city, we can direct you toward great shadowing and internship opportunities.
- Participate in research activities and/or pursue an independent research project by collaborating with exercise science faculty.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Exercise Science Curriculum
Popular Exercise Science Classes
- Exercise Physiology
Explore the physiological principles that support exercise response and fitness training.
- Motor Learning and Development
Learning and performance of motor skills throughout the lifespan.
- Fundamentals of Physical Conditioning
Study the development of maximal strength, power, and anaerobic capacity.
Join a Growing Industry
Exercise physiologists have a high job outlook, with total jobs expected to grow 9% from 2021 to 2031 (BLS). Demand may rise as hospitals continue to emphasize exercise and preventive care.
Engaging Career Paths
- Exercise Physiologist
- Physical Therapist
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Personal Trainer
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist
Our Graduates Are Studying:
- University of South Carolina, SC (PhD)
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Anderson University
- Mary Baldwin University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University O.T. program
PT, MHA, MBA, and more
Your degree in Exercise Science will prepare you for success in physical therapy, occupational therapy, or athletic training. You can also use your momentum with the MHA, and MBA programs offered right here at Columbia College.
"The professors are willing and available when a student needs help or guidance. Its not about passing the class, it’s about understanding the content and being prepared for the next step in the working world."
Class of 2021
"Our CC EXSC program is hands on when studying bones, movements, muscles, etc. The internship requirement is also a great way to get in-person field experience before graduating."
Class of 2021
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.