Minor in Athletic Coaching
Dive into the world of sports leadership with our Athletic Coaching Minor, designed to equip aspiring coaches with advanced techniques and leadership skills. This minor will transform your passion for sports into a rewarding career path as you learn from experienced mentors and gain invaluable on-field experience. Discover innovative coaching methodologies, hone your communication skills, and empower athletes to reach their full potential.
Athletic Coaching Program Highlights
- Explore a dynamic curriculum that blends theoretical knowledge with practical application.
- Learn from experienced mentors and gain invaluable on-field experience.
- Gain a thorough comprehension of rules and regulations, enabling you to lead, teach and train effectively.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Athletic Coaching Curriculum
Popular Athletic Coaching Classes
- Sociocultural Issues in Exercise and Sport
Explore the role of physical activity and sports in the contemporary, mainly Western society.
- Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries
Learn to manage injury and emergency situations when an athletic trainer or physician is not present.
- Fundamentals of Coaching
Discover the responsibilities and fundamentals of successful athletic coaching.
Lead with Confidence
There is a growing demand for athletic coaches, with available jobs growing 20% from 2021 to 2031 (BLS). A minor can prepare you for competitive roles and career advancement.
With a minor in coaching, you'll be ready to take the next step in your coaching career. A minor in Athletic Coaching can open doors to a variety of careers, including:
- Sports Organization and Administration
- High School/Collegiate Coaching
- Private Sports Instruction
1-Year Master's Degree in Athletic Coaching
Cultivate your leadership skills and increase your earning potential with a master's degree. Your solid foundation will make you a strong candidate for any graduate program. Check out our online graduate programs.
Meet Your Professors
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.