Get Your Chemistry Degree
Learn the fundamentals of chemistry with extensive lab experience and the use of modern chemical instruments and procedures. Chemistry is a strong choice for pre-med, pre-dentistry, pre-pharmacy, and other pre-health students. We prepare you to start working in chemistry and biochemistry or to continue your studies toward these advanced degrees.
Chemistry Program Highlights
- Choose the biochemistry pre-professional track to prepare you for medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and other graduate programs in the health professions.
- Get support from advisors who have decades of experience preparing students for graduate programs.
- Benefit from our National Science Foundation grant which provides extra support for our programs.
- Learn from faculty who maintain active research programs in emerging scientific areas.
Engage in ongoing opportunities for grant funding, state recognition, and independent research.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Major & Minor Requirements
Popular Chemistry Classes
- Organic Chemistry
Explore the structures, properties, nomenclature, reactions, and reaction mechanisms of aliphatic organic molecules.
- Analytical Chemistry
Study principles of gravimetric, volumetric, and instrumental analysis.
- Science Seminar
Participate in a series of scientific presentations and discussions offered by students, faculty, and invited speakers.
Apply Your Skills in Critical Fields
The median annual wage for a chemist and related fields is between $80,000 and $100,000 (BLS). Graduates with this degree can begin working with a bachelor's degree across many industries.
Translate Theory into Practice
- Chemical Engineer
- Materials Scientist
- Research and Development Chemist
- Chemistry Teacher
- Emory University, Chemistry Graduate Program
- USC School of Medicine, Integrated Biomedical Sciences
- Mercer University, School of Pharmacy
- Spalding University, Occupational Therapy Graduate Program
"The chemistry program at Columbia College inspired me to further my scientific education by providing valuable knowledge and constant support from the faculty in- and- outside of the classroom."
Kristine Giang Golden
Class of 2017
"The chemistry program at Columbia College provides a perfect balance of unending support from the faculty while challenging students to strengthen their scientific skills both independently with research opportunities and in the classroom."
Class of 2014
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.