Get Your Communication Degree
This major explores dynamic, content-driven, and context-dependent principles of communication. You'll gain the skills to research, prepare, create, perform, and interpret messages in face-to-face and mediated contexts. The universal skills will equip you to make connections and solve conflicts across careers in Government, Education, PR, and more.
Communication Program Highlights
- Communication is ranked as one of the most-desired competencies by employers.
- Internship requirement promotes applied learning and open doors for careers in the capital city.
- Students design communication materials for on-campus projects and local businesses.
- Graduates go on to pursue careers and advanced degrees in communication and related fields.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Major & Minor Requirements
Popular Communication Classes
- Culture and Power
Explore local, national, and/or global issues from a communication perspective.
- Introduction to Web Development
Analyze communication through the medium of web development.
- Organizational Behavior
Understand the role of communication in the workplace.
Cultivate Your Voice
The median annual wage for careers in the field of communication is $54,000 (BLS). This degree provides flexibility, specialization, and versatility across employers.
Communicate, Collaborate & Lead
- Civic Advocacy
- Government and Law
- Public Relations
- Non-Profit Leadership
- Higher Education
Get Your Master's in One Year
"I have learned the importance of communication and how vital communication is in any context. I’ve grown more confident in my speaking abilities and understand how to communicate in different situations and with different people."
Class of 2019
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.