Get Your Disaster & Emergency Management Degree
Gain a strong knowledge base in disaster and emergency management and homeland security. Our courses emphasize real-world skills like communication, problem-solving, research and interviewing, and computer literacy. We prepare you for high-demand careers in fields like homeland security, disaster recovery, and crisis management.
Disaster & Emergency Management Highlights
- Students who are current members of the South Carolina State Firefighters' Association can receive a 15 percent tuition discount.
- U.S. News and World Reports ranked our online programs in the 15% of regionally accredited institutions.
- Our program is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Modality & Benefits
Our 100% online degrees are top-ranked by U.S. News & World Reports. Finish your degree and advance your career with a degree designed to fit your busy life.
January, March, May, June, August & October
- 7-Week Courses
- No Login Times
- Transfer Up to 90 Credits, including 24 Training Hours
- 10-Hour Weekly Commitment (varies)
- Free E-Books
Disaster & Emergency Management Curriculum
Major & Minor Requirements
Popular Disaster & Emergency Management Classes
- Psychological and Social Dimensions of Disaster
See the effects of disaster on communities and individuals.
- Community Resiliency, Recovery, and Mitigation
Address social, economic, cultural, and political dimensions of recovery and mitigation.
- Planning for Emergency and Disaster Management
Learn how to prepare for disasters within businesses, schools, and organizations.
Serve Your Community
The skills of emergency management directors can be applied to organizations across industries. With these highly transferrable skills, you can control where you build your career, whether in government, education, non-profits, and much more.
Build a Strong Career
- Local, state, and federal government emergency management agencies
- Other government agencies (e.g., public health, transportation, and homeland security)
- Businesses (e.g., hospitals and industry)
- Education (e.g., K-12, colleges/universities)
- Non-governmental organizations (e.g., American Red Cross)
1-Year Master's Degrees
Cultivate your leadership skills and increase your earning potential with a master's degree. Your solid foundation will make you a strong candidate for any graduate program. Check out our 1-year graduate programs.
"This degree provides a strong educational foundation by using our all-hazards approach. Our students are leaders in preparedness, building capabilities, and disaster response."
Dr. Barb Russo
Meet Your Professors
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.