Minor in Gender and Women's Studies
Explore the power of social transformation on both a local and global scale through gender and women’s studies. See how gender intersects with other crucial components of identity construction—such as sexuality, ethnicity, and class through the lens of literature, sociology, history, art, and much more. With this interdisciplinary minor, you get to broaden your perspective while you prepare for an array of careers.
Gender and Women's Studies Highlights
- This is an interdisciplinary minor offered through the Gender and Women’s Studies Program.
- The combination of academic study and experiential learning encourages students to ask questions, challenge underlying beliefs, and promote change.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Gender and Women's Studies Curriculum
Popular Gender and Women's Studies Classes
- Issues in Gender Studies
Examine the social creation and cultural representation of gender.
- History of Art: Women Artists
Study art as it relates to women’s leadership, cultural diversity, globalization, and social justice.
- Women and Politics
Explore selected political issues and public policies affecting women.
Diverse Career Opportunities
A bachelor's degree is the entry-level for many positions that benefit from this specialization, including management, administration, teachers, and social workers.
Take Your Insights to the World
- Diversity and Inclusion Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Project Manager
- Social Worker
Get Your MBA in One Year
Increase your earning potential and become even more marketable with a master's degree. Your solid foundation will make you a strong candidate for any graduate program. Check out our 1-year MBA program.
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.