Get Your Political Science Degree
Are you interested in American politics, international affairs, and critical issues like globalization, civil rights, or foreign policy? Dive into these current issues, and pursue a career around them. Today, graduates of our programs hold positions of leadership in government, political campaigns, journalism, business, education, business, law, and other professions.
Political Science Program Highlights
- Satisfy your requirements and get strong pre-professional training for law school and other graduate programs.
- Take advantage of the many internship opportunities available in our capital city and Washington D.C.
- Get support from advisors who have experience preparing students for graduate programs and a wide range of professions.
- Learn from professors eager to help you express yourself, lead others, and tackle issues you care about.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Political Science Curriculum
Major & Minor Requirements
Popular Political Science Classes
- International Relations
Study Marxism, Liberalism, Socialism, Realism, and Neo-Realism, and others.
- Constitutional Law
Analyze opinions of the United States Supreme Court.
- Political Philosophy and the Pursuit of Justice
Explore timeless questions involved in the pursuit of developing just societies.
Pursue a Successful Career
The median annual wage for all legal occupations is above $80,000 (BLS). The overall job outlook for this field is 10%, with higher-than-average projected growth (BLS).
Lead in Any Setting
- Policy Analyst
- Public Information Officer
- Labor Relations Manager
- City of Columbia – Mayor’s Office (SC)
- SC Attorney's General Office (SC)
- Senator Lindsey Graham (D.C.)
- Advocacy Director, Sexual Trauma Service (SC)
- Foreign Affairs Officer (D.C.)
- Legal Director, SC Victim Assistance Network
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- Boston University School of Law
- Charleston School of Law
Get Your MBA in One Year
Increase your earning potential and become even more marketable with a master's degree. Your solid foundation will make you a strong candidate for any graduate program. Check out our 1-year MBA program.
Meet Your Professors
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.