Get Your Master's in Educational Administration and Leadership
Prepare for a career as an elementary and/or secondary school principal through courses in leadership, school governance, and practical experience. Graduates are prepared to create an inclusive school culture by maintaining systems to support personnel, curriculums, and school policies.
Educational Administration and Leadership Program Highlights
- An administrative internship and practicum provides real-world, field-based experience in various aspects of school administration and supervision.
- Our professors bring decades of teaching and administrative experience to today's educational issues, offering personalized mentorship and a wealth of knowledge to students.
- Join the teaching legacy at Columbia College. We've been training teachers for over 160 years.
- The program curriculum is designed to align with standards set by the NELP Program Recognition Standards and the South Carolina PADEPP.
Modality & Benefits
Get your master's degree in less than 12 months with this 100% online M.Ed. degree. Advance your career and upgrade your pay grade with this degree designed for working professionals.
January & August
- Finish in 1 Year
- 100% Online
- 7-Week Courses—Fall, Spring & Summer Sessions
- 36-Hour Program, Transfer Up to 9
- 20-Hour Weekly Commitment (varies)
Educational Administration and Leadership Curriculum
Popular Educational Administration and Leadership Classes
- The Principal as School Leader
Study the multidimensional roles of the school administrator as educator, leader, manager, and practitioner.
- Assessing Instructional Programs
Explore assessment practices and trends in PK-12 education and discuss how assessment impacts instruction.
- School Community Relations
Cover topics in public relations for educational institutions.
Upgrade Your Career
Jobs in elementary and secondary school administration are expected to grow steadily between 2021 and 2031 (BLS). Leadership positions generally receive increased compensation over teaching roles.
Transform Your Institution
- Elementary, Middle, or High School Principal
- School Superintendent
- Instructional Coordinator
"This degree is ideal for educators who want to make a broader impact as a principle or district-level administrator. We'll empower you to make that difference."
Director of Graduate Programs in Education
Meet Your Professors
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.