Get Your Master's in Higher Education Administration
This program gives you the skills and knowledge required to fill leadership roles in a broad range of administrative positions in higher education, public or private, two- or four-year schools. Our courses focus on a global view of higher education administration, addressing the most critical and relevant issues faced in higher education today. You will gain knowledge in governance, organization, leadership, student affairs, enrollment management, finance, and the law.
Higher Education Administration Program Highlights
- Each course contributes to students' development as resilient, effective leaders.
- Students can expect a supportive, individualized educational experience in a cohort format.
- Our online Certificate in Trauma-Informed Practices offers an opportunity to integrate trauma-informed practices into your studies to better support college students.
Modality & Benefits
Get your master's degree in less than 12 months with this 100% online M.Ed. degree. Advance your career and upgrade your pay grade with this degree designed for working professionals.
- Finish in 1 Year
- 100% Online
- 7-Week Courses—Fall, Spring & Summer Sessions
- 30-Hour Program, Transfer Up to 6
- 20-Hour Weekly Commitment (varies)
Higher Education Administration Curriculum
Popular Higher Education Administration Classes
- The American College Student
Explore theories of cognitive-structural, cultural, identity, psychosocial, and typology.
- Critical Issues in Higher Education
Discuss issues in light of change processes and performance improvement.
- Enrollment Management
Get practical guidance on recruiting, admitting, retaining, and graduating students.
Become a Transformative Practitioner
The need for qualified Postsecondary Education Administrators will grow by 7% from 2021 to 2031 (BLS). A master's degree is the standard entry point for these leadership positions.
Obtain Key Administrative Roles
- Dean of Students
- Dean of Residence Life
- Director of Student Housing
- Director of Student Affairs
- Multicultural Education Director
- Greek Life Director
You'll Find Our Graduates Serving
- Admissions Counselor, Clemson University
- Student Services, Columbia College
- Assistant Director of Student Success, Columbia College
"The program’s flexibility and online platform allows me to be a full-time employee as well as a full-time student."
Class of 2020
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.