Get Your Degree in Science Middle Level Education
Within the Middle Level Education major, our Science concentration will equip you to teach 5th-8th grade students through hands-on learning and scientific concepts. Our Science program encourages you to cultivate a deep curiosity about the world, using your platform as a teacher to spark the next generation of nurses, engineers, and science lovers.
Science Education Program Highlights
- Students will take a variety of Education and Science courses with opportunities to focus on their particular interests.
- Teacher candidates are introduced to diverse classrooms with shadowing, apprenticeship, and internship opportunities within local schools.
- Call Me MiSTER participating school, which supports teachers from under-served, socio-economically disadvantaged, and educationally at-risk communities.
- This program is recognized by the AMLE, and the South Carolina State Board of Education under the guidance of the 2022 CAEP standards.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Science Education Curriculum
Popular Science Education Classes
- Earth Science
Learn about astronomy, geology, and meteorology.
- Survey of Chemistry
Explore topics in general, organic and biochemistry.
Study the relationships between organisms and the environment.
Science Teacher Opportunities
Education occupations as a whole are expected to see above-average job growth between 2021 and 2031 (BLS). The median annual wage for middle school teachers is about $61,000 (BLS).
Nurture Students' Curiosity
- Earth Science
Online M.Ed. Degrees
Specialize with in-demand topics and become even more marketable with a master's degree. Our M.Ed. programs cultivate your leadership potential with purpose. Check out our 1-year education master's degrees.
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.