Our Higher Education Administration Master's Degree
Hybrid Program (Online & In-person)
Next Start Date: August 2023
An essay is required for admissions. Find more about the admissions process and essay here.
Our M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration is well-suited for those who are seeking employment in higher education or already work an institution of higher education. Our program is one year during which you will gain the skills and knowledge required to fill leadership roles in a broad range of administrative positions in higher education, public or private, two or four-year schools.
This program focuses on a global view of higher education administration, which will prepare you to address the most critical and relevant issues faced in higher education today. You will gain knowledge in governance, organization, leadership, student affairs, enrollment management, finance, and the law.
Help Students with a History of TraumaYou will also have opportunities to dig into timely challenges. We are now offering an online Certificate in Trauma-Informed Practices (C-TIP). With 70% of Americans suffering from traumatic events and COVID-19 exacerbating the situation, we have launched a new 15-week certificate program to help higher education systems serve these students.
The impact of trauma on college campuses is undertreated, underdiagnosed, and overrepresented in vulnerable populations. The LGBTQIA+ community, persons of color, and women, all carry an extra heavy burden of risk and occurrence of both mental health conditions and trauma.
The program is designed so candidates are able to complete the program in one calendar year. The hybrid format allows candidates to learn from faculty and peers in face-to-face sessions four times a semester; these sessions are augmented by online course assignments and coursework each semester.
- The program is designed so students can complete the program in one calendar year.
- The hybrid format allows candidates to learn from faculty and peers in face-to-face sessions four times a semester.
- Face-to-face sessions are augmented by online course assignments and coursework each semester.
- Classes are generally completed with a familiar group of colleagues.
- Our program includes a practicum for candidates who do not currently work in higher education.
- Spring 2022
Session 1: January 15 & 16
Session 2: February 12 & 13
Session 3: April 2 & 3
Session 4: April 23 & 24
- Summer 2022
Session 1: May 14
Session 2: June 4
Session 3: July 16
Session 4: August 6
- Fall 2022
Session 1: August 27
Session 2: September 24
Session 3: November 5
Session 4: December 2
The program’s flexibility and online platform allows me to be a full-time employee as well as a full-time student.Sena Nickles, ’20
Graduates of our program are employed in a variety of key administrative roles, including:
- Dean of Students
- Dean/Director of Residence Life
- Director of Student Housing/Residence Hall Directors
- Director of Student Affairs
- Various Directorships on campuses (Multicultural Education, Greek Life, etc.
Some recent job placements for our graduates include:
- Clemson University – Admissions Counselor
- Columbia College – Student Services
- Columbia College – Assistant Director of Student Success
Higher Education Administration Areas of Study
- Master of Education in Higher Education Administration (Hybrid Program)
Online Certificate in Trauma-Informed Practices (C-TIP) Overview
Pair your degree with an online Certificate through our Building Resilience through Trauma-Informed Practices Institute. The 15-week program examines the impact of trauma and strategies how to apply trauma-informed practices to support these students.
Each student will complete a comprehensive strategic plan to integrate trauma-informed practices in their institutions. C-TIP is designed for higher education professions working in Admissions, Financial Aid, Residence Life, Student Success, Academic Advising, Counseling, Student Activities, Athletics, and Judicial departments. Get more information about joining our next cohort.