Get Your Master's in Criminal Justice
A master’s degree in criminal justice is the standard for command-level positions in law enforcement, corrections, homeland security, emergency management, and related areas. Many of our students already have established careers in criminal justice. By earning an advanced degree, individuals build on their expertise and reach for opportunities in leadership positions.
Criminal Justice Program Highlights
- Our program ranks in the top 3% for best online master's programs in Criminal Justice.
- Learn from faculty with real world experience—decades of law enforcement experience with city, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Students complete a capstone project featuring an independent academic research study.
- Graduate work completed at accredited institutions may be eligible for transfer credit, pending evaluation.
Modality & Benefits
Get your master's degree in less than 12 months with our 100% online CJ program. Advance your career and upgrade your pay grade with this degree designed for working professionals.
January & August
- Finish in 1 Year
- 100% Online
- 7-Week Courses—Fall, Spring & Summer Sessions
- 30-Hour Program, Transfer Up to 6
- 20-Hour Weekly Commitment (varies)
Criminal Justice Curriculum
Popular Criminal Justice Classes
- Administration of Organizations in Criminal Justice
Learn how to conduct general systems-based analysis of criminal justice organizations.
- Standard Operating Procedures
Create a standard operating procedures manual for a criminal justice agency.
- Leadership Strategies
Discuss strategies around leadership ethics, communication, and empowerment of personnel.
Solidify Your Expertise
Job opportunities in public service and law enforcement are growing, with almost 70,000 job openings expected to occur between 2021 and 2031 (BLS). As many law enforcement positions require bachelor's degrees, a master's in CJ can quickly set you apart for command-level positions.
Qualify for Top Positions
- Police Chief or Police Commissioner
- Warden of Corrections Facilities
- Director of Statewide Criminal Justice Agencies
- Federal Law Enforcement Officer
- Attorney General Investigator
- Consultant and Legislative Liaison for Policy Decisions
- Forensic Examiner
Our Graduates Have Gone on to Serve:
- SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division)
- SC Highway Patrol
- Connecticut State Police
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement
"I have been promoted as the new Chief of Police for my Department since graduating. This is in large part of me completing the program."
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.