Our Mathematics Degree Program
Next Start Date:
January 11, 2021
The Mathematics program at Columbia College is designed to help you develop the ability to look at any problem or situation with extreme clarity—and then rationally solve that problem with elegant precision. We’ll prepare you for a successful transition to graduate school, or a wide-array of math-related careers. Our students have gone on to work in banking, information technology, and insurance.
- Our faculty genuinely care about your success. We offer a friendly and personal learning experience.
- Students often conduct independent mentored research and present results at state and regional meetings. On occasion, their work is published in professional journals!
- Students regularly do independent studies with customized courses tailored to personal interests and career goals.
- Students can pursue a certificate in Actuarial Sciences to prepare for the Probability Actuarial Exam.
- All our students have the opportunity to complete an internship in order to gain the real-world skills that will make them competitive in the job market.
As a successful graduate from our Mathematics programs, you'll be ready for a career in a number of well-paying mathematics fields including:
- Programming and Information Technology
- Actuarial Sciences
- Economics and Financial Analysis
Some of the most in-demand graduate fields require a solid foundation in mathematics and build upon the concepts we'll teach you.
Mathematics Areas of Study
Many students will also pursue a second major or minor in areas such as Business, Computer Information Sciences, or Education as they determine a career path where they can apply their Mathematics skills. Program options include:
Major Course Requirements
Minor Course Requirements
- Mathematics (Undergraduate Program)