Get Your Degree in Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management
Offered as a Business Administration concentration, minor, and as certificates, this program helps develop your management capabilities within the context of a booming industry. If you dream about exploring new places and see customer service as a key element of business success, then a career in hospitality and tourism is perfect for you. You'll be equipped for careers in hotel management, event management, recreational organizations, and many more.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management Program Highlights
- Internship placements throughout the capital city and the state of South Carolina.
- Study key business topics such as Finance, Marketing, Customer Relations, Public Relations, Leadership, and Communication.
- Professors with expertise in Human Resources, International Business, Economics, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism, Management, Marketing, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Master's degree opportunities, including the one-year MBA at Columbia College.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management Curriculum
Major, Minor & Certificate Requirements
- Business Administration, B.A. Major: Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management Concentration
- Hospitality Management Minor
- Hospitality Management Certificate
- Event Management Certificate
Popular Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management Classes
- Lodging Operations and Management
Explore the dynamics of hotel and lodging management from a manager’s perspective.
- Convention and Event Management
Get background and strategies for meetings, conventions, and exhibition planning.
- Food and Beverage Management
Gain practical skills and knowledge for effective management of food service operations.
Your Career is on the Rise
The fields of lodging management and convention and event planning are seeing very high job growth, with employment expected to grow 18% from 2021 to 2031 in these areas (BLS).
Create Unforgettable Experiences
- Hotel Manager
- Corporate Travel Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Operations Manager
- Wedding Planner
- Casino Host
Get your MBA in One Year
Increase your earning potential and become even more marketable with a master's degree. Your solid foundation will make you a strong candidate for any graduate program. Check out our 1-year MBA program.
"I majored in Business Administration at Columbia College and was a junior when the Hospitality, Tourism & Event Management program started. I took as many of those courses as I could and am thrilled to have landed a job in the events industry!"
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.