Get Your Degree in Sports Management
As a concentration within the Business Administration major, this program combines recreational administration with the foundations of business. We'll help you hone your skills in communication, finances, and planning for a career managing collegiate and professional sports teams, sports governing organizations, private facilities, and more.
Sports Management Program Highlights
- Internship placements and site visits throughout the capital city.
- Study key business topics such as Finance, Marketing, PR, Leadership, and Communication.
- Professors with expertise in Human Resources, International Business, Economics, Finance, Hospitality & Tourism, Management, Marketing, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Master's degree opportunities, including the one-year MBA at Columbia College.
Modality & Benefits
Get a traditional college experience with lively in-person classroom discussions and close proximity to your professors, mentors, and best friends.
January & August
- Semester-Based Timeline
- Face-to-Face Instruction (some Online options)
- In-Person Office Hours & Support
- Relationships & Networking
- Extracurriculars & Immersive Campus Experience
Sports Management Curriculum
Popular Sports Management Classes
- Principles of Marketing
Learn methods used to communicate with the consumer, middleman, and industrialist.
- Events and Facility Management
Explore topics like revenue streams, design and planning, scheduling and operations, and staff management.
- Personal Health and Wellness
Discuss the behaviors and skills necessary for establishing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Steer Your Team to Success
For sports-related positions, job growth is currently much faster than average (BLS). Sports management can be a lucrative career option, with many opportunities for networking and advancement.
Start a Thrilling Career
- Athletic Director
- Facilities Manager
- Sports Promotor
- Sports Marketing Manager
- Sports Agent
- Sports Accountant
Get your MBA in One Year
Increase your earning potential and become even more marketable with a master's degree. Your solid foundation will make you a strong candidate for any graduate program. Check out our 1-year MBA program.
Excited about this degree?
Take the next step.