Our Communication Degree Programs
Next Start Date:
January 10, 2022 (All Programs)
The B.A. in Communication provides students with extensive knowledge of the communication process as dynamic, content-driven, and audience-dependent. Students will develop their abilities to research, prepare, create, perform, and interpret messages in face-to-face and mediated contexts.
Through applied coursework, students can explore the fields of digital media and public relations as interdisciplinary career options. Our graduates begin their careers with a deeper understanding of themselves as communicators equipped to effectively represent their ideas and the ideas of others in their lives, professions, and communities.
- All majors have the opportunity to design communication materials for on campus projects as well as local organizations and clients.
- All majors complete an internship in their concentration.
- Students have the opportunity to present research in the Southern States Communication Association and/or the National Communication Association.
- Academic achievement in communication is recognized by Lambda Pi Eta Honors Society, the national honors society for the National Communication Association.
I have learned the importance of communication and how vital communication is in any context. I’ve grown more confident in my speaking abilities and understand how to communicate in different situations and with different people.Jasmine Carter, Communication Major, ’19
Whether you plan on working in Corporate America, government, politics, civic advocacy, non-profit, or even attending law school; the in-depth courses provided through this program will allow you to develop and strengthen universal skills, including verbal communication, collaboration, and conflict-management.
Graduates from this program have attained internships and job placements in various institutions, including:
- British Embassy Scottish Affairs
- Vista Build
- City of Columbia
- Cal State, Northridge (California)
- Kayi and Wilkes Law Firm
- SC United FC
Communication Areas of Study
The Communication degree course requirements are identical for undergraduate day and online program students. Learn about the classes we offer and areas you can focus on when you study Communication.
Major Course Requirements
- Communication, BA (Day and Online Programs)